How to disable low disk space warning messages
Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restorationin case problems occur.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD value.
- Type NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and then press Enter.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Log off the computer, and then log on again.
Conditions that trigger a "Low Disk Space" warningWhen free disk space drops to 200 megabytes (MB), you receive the following message for 10 seconds, once per session:
When free disk drops to 50 MB, you receive the following message for 30 seconds, every five minutes, until the free space rises back above 50 MB:
For more information, see the How the System Restore tool handles hard-disk space usage.