- You deploy Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 in a co-existence environment.
- All mailboxes are located in Exchange Server 2010.
- You point all DNS records to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Client Access server for the client connection.
create a setting override as follows:
New-SettingOverride <override name> -Component Imap -Section RfcIDImapCafe -Reason “Disable ID command in Cafe” –Parameters @(“Enabled=false”)
Once all mailboxes have been moved to Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016, the setting override can be removed by using the Remove-SettingOverride commandlet.
- For the <override name> parameter, you can use any name, such as "DisableID". Similarly, you can specify your own reason for the –Reason parameter.
- You may also want to disable the MOVE command just to be safe. To do that, run another New-SettingsOverride command by using different override name and replace the value of the Section parameter as RfcMoveImapCafe.
- When you run the command, it should become effective within 15 minutes.
Article ID: 3064393 - Last Review: 04 Aug 2017 - Revision: 3