- You have a Windows Embedded Compact 7 device that is connected to a DHCP server.
- You build a project to register a network adapter for the device.
- You bind a different network adapter, and then you change the value of VMINI_ADAPTER_NAME.
- You set the DebugZones registry item as follows:
Registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\DebugZones
DWORD name: DHCP
DWORD value: ffff
In this scenario, when you run the program in Windows Embedded Compact 7, you receive an exception in DHCP.dll.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update (May 2015).
Note This Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 3069186 - Last Review: 09 Jun 2015 - Revision: 1