Download the Lync for Mac 2011 14.1.1 update package now.
Release Date: July 2015
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to install this update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.1.1 update, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 on your computer. Additionally, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5, or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine which version of Lync for Mac 2011 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Start Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
Restart requirementAfter you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.1.1 update, we recommend that you restart the computer before you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the March 2015 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.11.
Issues that the update fixesThis update resolves the following issues:
- KB 3074996 Call forwarding option for "Only forward or simultaneously ring during work hours" is unavailable in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB 3074995 Lync Lync for Mac 2011 disconnects every 30 seconds after you use a certificate that bases TLS-DSK authentication to sign in
- KB 3074993 Hide Stage button does not work after a user shares the desktop in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB 3074992 MAC address is not provided in the LIS request in Lync for Mac 2011 that supports Enhanced 911
- KB 3074990 Multiple contact card options are greyed out in Lync for Mac 2011 when enhanced privacy mode is enabled
- KB 3074989 Cannot update presence note in Lync for Mac 2011 that has lots of contacts
- KB 3074988 System volume on Mac is reset every time when you start or join a meeting in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB 3074987 Lync Energy usage for Lync for Mac 2011 is increased on a MacBook Pro that has two graphic processing units exist
- KB 3074986 The icons of distribution groups are greyed out when you send an IM or start a call in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB 3074985 Lync for Mac 2011 takes a long time to connect to Exchange server by using Autodiscover service
- KB 3074983 Wireless network connections are incorrectly reported as wired in VQReportEvent element in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB 3074982 Default installation preferences settings are not honored when you join a Lync online meeting in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB 3037355 Lync for Mac 2011 users cannot join Lync meetings that is created in Lync Web Scheduler
Article ID: 3074981 - Last Review: 24 Jul 2015 - Revision: 1