Note Before you follow these steps, make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Install the Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- These steps can only be performed by an Office 365 global admin.
- Verify the Yammer Service Principal is currently disabled. To do this, open Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell, and then run the following cmdlets.
Note Press Enter after you type each cmdlet. The response to the last cmdlet should be False.
$MSP = Get-MsolServicePrincipal -AppPrincipalId "00000005-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000"
- Change the Account setting for this service principal to True. To do this, run the following cmdlet:
Set-MsolServicePrincipal -AppPrincipalId $MSP.AppPrincipalId -AccountEnabled $true
- Sign in to Office 365. Click the Yammer tile again to verify that you can sign in.
Article ID: 3078123 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1