- You have a computer that's running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- You select a language setting that includes multiple preinstalled language packs.
- You let the system go idle.
- You access Windows Update to download and install update 2830477.
In this scenario, the installation process fails and triggers error 0x8004401e.
- Open an administrative command prompt, and the run the following command:sfc /scannow
- Wait for the system file scanning to finish.
- Install update 2830477.
3049255 You receive one or more .admx errors when you run the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows
2958845 Nothing happens when you double-click "Region" in Control Panel
Article ID: 3083824 - Last Review: 06 Aug 2015 - Revision: 1