0xc004f042 - SL_E_VL_KEY_MANAGEMENT_SERVICE_ID_MISMATCH
The Software Licensing Service determined that the specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used.
- Client CSVLKs are installed on client computers.
- Server CSVLKs are installed on server computers.
PrerequisitesTo activate Windows 10 Enterprise in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment, the following prerequisites apply:
- You must have Windows Server 2012 R2 with the Volume Activation role installed.
- You must have update 3058168 installed.
- You must have Windows Server 2008 R2 with the Volume Activation role installed.
- You must have update 3079821 installed.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- Click License.
- Click Relationship Summary.
- Click License ID of their current Active License.
- After the page loads, click Product Keys.
- In the list of keys, locate Windows Srv 2012R2 DataCtr/Std KMS for Windows 10.
- Install this key on the KMS host.
This problem should not occur on a client KMS host server.
Activation of Windows 10 is not supported if you are running a KMS host on any of the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
Article ID: 3086418 - Last Review: 22 Jan 2016 - Revision: 1