Applies to regionThis article applies to Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) for all regions.
- When you try to settle a payment connector EDC transaction and the transaction includes a returned item with a $0.00 price, you receive the following error message: BUG #: 2943 (Retail Management Systems SE)Error: Payment card number is required.
- After you disable the "Allowed to change tax status" cashier permission in Store Operation Manager, cashiers can still change the tax status in Store Operations POS.
BUG #: Retail Management Systems SE (2948)
- The "Hide items with no discrepancies" button on the Physical Inventory Discrepancy form isn't available if the button is disabled for users who have a different security level in Store Operations Manager.
BUG #: 2949 (Retail Management Systems SE)
IMPORTANT This hotfix changes report and receipt template files that are installed on your computer. If you have made changes to the files that are installed with Microsoft Dynamics RMS, make backups of these files before you install the hotfix. After you install this hotfix, you have to merge your customizations into the new files in order to receive the fixes that are described earlier in this section. For more information about the report and receipt template files that are changed with this hotfix, reference the 3065670.txt file that's included with the hotfix download.
This rollup is a cumulative hotfix that includes all the hotfixes that were released since Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5).
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There's a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you're encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or you have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install this hotfix rollup, you must have Microsoft Dynamics RMS CU5 installed. To verify this, follow these steps:
- Start Store Operations Manager.
- On the Help menu, select About Store Operations Manager.
- Verify that Cumulative Update 5 (build number 2.0.2000) or a later build is installed.
HeadquartersIf you use Headquarters with multiple stores, install the hotfix rollup on all the computers.
Important Make sure that you install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in the stores.
Install the hotfix rollup on each computer that has one of the following programs installed:
- Headquarters Client
- Headquarters Manager
- Headquarters Server
- Store Operations Manager
- Store Operations POS
We recommend that you stop communications between the Headquarters Client program and the Headquarters Server program before you install this hotfix rollup. To do this, follow these steps for each store on the computer on which the Headquarters Client is installed.
- Start Headquarters Client.
- On the File menu, select Configuration, select the Schedule tab, and then select the Manual Connection Only check box.
- Select OK.
Store OperationsIf you have a single store that uses Store Operations with one or more computers, you must install the hotfix rollup on all the computers. Install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in Store Operations POS or in Store Operations Manager. Install the hotfix rollup on all the computers when the store is closed. We haven't tested environments that are partly updated, and we don't support them.
Note After you install this hotfix rollup for all the headquarters and for all the stores, you can resume regular data uploads.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it's converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
How to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Download the hotfix rollup by following the instructions that you received from Technical Support.
- Double-click the compressed file that you downloaded.
- In the self-extractor dialog box, select Continue.
- Select the folder to which you want to extract the files, and then select OK.
- Type the password that you received from Technical Support, and then select OK.
- Select OK to close the self-extractor dialog box.
- Close all Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System programs.
- Double-click the Retail2.0-kb3088633.exe file.
How to verify that the hotfix rollup is installedTo verify that the hotfix rollup is installed, follow these steps:
- Start any Headquarters or Store Operations program.
- On the Help menu, select About. If the version number that's listed is 2.0.2021, the hotfix rollup is installed.
Article ID: 3088633 - Last Review: 03 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2