Additionally, many other SharePoint integration features don't work. These include the following:
- The ability to open documents in a rich client app when a document library link is selected
- Lync Presence information
- The ability to export to Excel from a document library or a SharePoint list
- The Edit Library button and functionality
- The New Quick Step option
- The Create a workflow in SharePoint Designer option under Workflow Settings
- The Open with Access and Open with Project options
- The Edit Lists feature
- Start the Chrome browser, and then enter the following path into the Address bar:chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
- Find the Enable NPAPI plug-in, and then enable it.
- At the bottom of the page, select relaunch now.
- Check to see whether you have your old functionality back.
Note This workaround will not work after the end of September 2015, per the following Google blog post:
Alternatively, you can open the file in the browser by using Office Web Apps, and then click the button from the web editor to open in a rich client application. For example, click Edit in Word in this situation.
Concerning Lync presence information on a SharePoint page, Chrome is deprecating the plug-in technology that made this feature work. We are currently working on a replacement. In the meantime, if you must access presence information in SharePoint, use Internet Explorer.
Article ID: 3095447 - Last Review: 03 Dec 2015 - Revision: 1