Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Windows Azure Pack
- Issue 1
Administrators cannot offer and tenants cannot use multiple external IP addresses through a Network Address Translation (NAT) connection.
Even though Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) has functionality to allocate IP addresses for this purpose, the WAP administrator and tenant experiences do not provide such functionality. Administrators can now allocate a set of external IP addresses for tenants to use when you create NAT rules. The administrator can set up the IP address quota through the Administrator Portal virtual machine (VM) extension.
Note For existing plans, the Administrator Portal shows the "External IP addressed" quota as "0" when in reality it should show "Unlimited," as it does for an existing plan. This UI issue will be addressed in a future release.
- Issue 2
Tenants can create only one checkpoint per virtual machine.
Administrators can create plans that include quotas that let tenants create multiple VM checkpoints.
- Issue 3
An unexpected exception is generated by the PowerShell command "Get-MgmtSvcSqlDatabase."
The command Get-MgmtSvcSqlDatabase does not retrieve SQL database information. The following examples return exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object":
- Get-MgmtSvcSqlDatabase -AdminUri $AdminUri -Token $Token -HostingServerId "someid" -DisableCertificateValidation
- Get-MgmtSvcSqlDatabase -AdminUri $AdminUri -Token $Token -HostingServerId $hostserver.ServerId -Name "somename" -DisableCertificateValidation
- Get-MgmtSvcSqlDatabase -AdminUri $AdminUri -Token $Token -HostingServerId " someserverid" -Name "datatest" -DisableCertificateValidation
After you apply this update, the Get-MgmtSvcSqlDatabase command returns the database information in all expected cases.
- Issue 4
An unexpected exception is generated by the PowerShell command "Remove-MgmtSvcMySqlHostingServer."
This command fails with the exception "Index (zero-based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list" when you run statements such as the following:
- Remove-MgmtSvcMySqlHostingServer -AdminUri $AdminUri -Token $Token -HostingServerId $HostServer.ServerId -DisableCertificateValidation
- Remove-MgmtSvcMySqlHostingServer -AdminUri $AdminUri -Token $Token -HostingServerId "someserverid" -DisableCertificateValidation
After you apply this update, the Remove-MgmtSvcMySqlHostingServer command executes as expected and removes the servers in all expected cases.
- Issue 5
When you create a virtual machine through the Tenant Portal, the menu dropdown boxes are not sorted.
When a tenant tries to create a VM and the list of items is larger than some items, it becomes very difficult to find the necessary machine image or template.
After you apply this update, both items are found in the Gallery and in the Quick Create list.
- Issue 6
Attaching ISOs in a generation 2 (gen 2) VM fails after three or four attach or detach operations.
The attach and detach operations on ISO disks and VM gen 2 allocate adapters never releases the adapters for reuse.
After you apply this update, detaching the disk adapter enables the adapter to be reused again.
- Issue 7
Other fixes to improve overall product quality
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 8 for Windows Azure Pack
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Windows Update or by manual download.
Windows UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Windows Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Windows Azure Pack component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Microsoft Update CatalogGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3096392 - Last Review: 28 Oct 2015 - Revision: 1