Important This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
When you start Microsoft Word, you receive one of the following error messages:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Remove the DelFin Media Viewer program from your computer. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Under Currently installed programs, click DelFin Media Viewer, and then click Remove.
- Edit the registry to remove the DelFin Media Viewer registry value (if it exists). To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and click the Run registry key in the following location:
- In the right pane, delete the Pgmonitr.exe string value. It may be listed as DelFin Media Viewer or as PromulGate in the Name list.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.