Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHINGRAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED TO SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
When you try to post a sales order invoice or a free text invoice in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, you receive the following error message:
Account number for transaction type Sales tax does not exist.This problem occurs if the sales order invoice or the free text invoice contains sales tax.
This problem occurs if one or more of the following conditions are true:
- No ledger account is specified in the Sales tax payable field of the ledger posting group that the invoice uses.
- The Use tax setting of a sales tax code of a sales tax group is enabled. However, no ledger account is specified in the Use tax payable field of the ledger posting group that the invoice uses.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click General ledger, expand Setup, expand Sales tax, and then click Ledger posting groups.
- Specify a ledger account in the Sales tax payable field of the ledger posting group that the invoice uses. To do this, in the line of the ledger posting group, click the drop-down arrow in the Sales tax payable field, and then click a ledger account.
- If the Use tax setting of a sales tax code is enabled, specify a ledger account in the Use tax payable field of the ledger posting group. To do this, in the line of the ledger posting group, click the drop-down arrow in the Use tax payable field, and then click a ledger account.
DISCLAIMERMICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.