- You have the Host Integration Server 2010 Client installed.
- You have enabled the Run resource location component as an application option in Host Integration Server 2010 Configuration Tool to have the SnaBase process run as an application.
- You apply Host Integration Server 2010 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1).
The following error may occur when trying to start a SNA application (i.e. a 3270 emulator or APPC application) following the installation of Host Integration Server 2010 CU1:
ERROR - The SnaBase Service is not started.
Note: The problem may also occur when applying some Host Integration Server 2010 fixes released prior to Host Integration Server 2010 CU1.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010, then click Configuration Tool.
- Click Yes on the User Account Control dialog (if displayed) to allow the Configuration.exe program to run.
- Click Common Settings in the left pane.
- Click Apply Configuration.
- Click Next on the Summary dialog.
- Click Finish.
- Exit the Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010 Configuration program.
After making this change, the error no longer occurs when trying to start SNA applications.
- The SnaBase process is started manually before trying to start any SNA applications.
- The Run resource location component as an application option is not enabled, so the SnaBase process runs as a Windows service.