Additionally, events that resemble the following may be logged in the Application log in Event Viewer:
- The Default Policy was deleted from the E-mail Address Policies tab.
- The Default Policy was replaced by a custom email address policy.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Adsiedit.msc, and then click OK.
- On the Action menu, click Connect to.
- In the Select a well-known Naming Context box, click Configuration, and then click OK.
- Expand the following:
- Configuration ( The_Domain_Controller_Name . The_Name_Of_The_Domain . com )
- CN=Configuration,DC= domain ,DC=com
- CN=Microsoft Exchange
- CN= Organization
- CN=Recipient Policies
- Right-click the email address policy that you want, and then click Properties.
- Under Attribute, click purportedSearch, and verify that the value is (mailNickname=*).
Note If the purportedSearch value is not (mailNickname=*), follow these steps:
- Click purportedSearch, and then click Edit.
- Click Clear, type (mailNickname=*) in the Value box, and then click OK.
- Under Attribute, click msExchPolicyOrder, and then click Edit.
- Click Clear, type 2147483647 in the Value box, and then click OK two times.
- Exit Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) Edit..
- Restart the server that is running Exchange Server.
Id. de artículo: 2751195 - Última revisión: 31 ago. 2012 - Revisión: 1