- You use a Microsoft SharePoint document library that has a nested folder structure that resembles the following:
- You sync the site that contains this library to a SharePoint workspace.
- While offline, you use the workspace to edit a file in one of the subfolders.
- You come online.
- The upload of the edited file fails, and the workspace displays the Error Tools Resolve tab.
- In Error Tools Resolve, you click Resolve Conflict or Error.
- The Microsoft Office Upload Center appears.
- The Upload Center displays the error "Upload failed. Server file updated."
- You know that you are the only person who should be editing this file. Therefore, you click Resolve, click Choose, and then click Keep My Version.
- The Upload Center reports "Upload Pending."
- The server shows the earlier version of your edited file. However, the earlier version appears in the root of the library, not in the subfolder. Your changes never upload.
- The workspace shows both the current and earlier versions of your file in the root of the library, and your subfolder is gone. If you click Resolve Error on the Error Tools Resolve tab, you may receive the following notification briefly: When you click More Info, you receive the following error message:Errors were encountered while synchronizing….Harmonica version not found.
- In the workspace, select the affected document library.
- Click the Sync tab, click Change Sync Settings, and then click Disconnect <library name> from Server.
- Under Available on Server, select the document library, and then click Connect <library name> to Server.
If you frequently have nested folders in SharePoint document libraries, you may want to consider other ways to organize your content, such as custom views or more exactly defined sites.