- You have a computer that is running Windows 7
- You customize the Power Plan by editing the GPO using the Group Policy Management Console.
- Under Computer Configuration or User Configuration
└ Control Panel Settings
└ Power Options
- You create new power plan, in ACTION column, choose Create option.
- In next column choose one of the three main default power plans available, choose High performance as an example.
- Check the set as the active power plan
- Customize power plan settings
- Click Ok and then finish policy setting.
- Restart the computer to apply computer policy.
Update does provide additional functionality other than updating an existing power scheme with new settings. If you configure your Power Scheme preference item to update a power scheme that does not exist on the applying computer, then a new power scheme is created with that name.
Note Preference items are not policy settings, which means they are not enforced but just applied. When Group Policy applies power management preference items, those items become the current power management scheme, even after the user logs off.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: