You may encounter delays when opening a Word document if following conditions are true:
- Word document has an attached templatewhich is saved in older format .DOT (Word 97-2003) and
- the attached template (.DOT file) is stored on a network location which is also defined in Word as the location for workgroup templates (Word Options\Advanced\General\File Locations\Workgroup Templates)
In order to address this issue try one of the following workarounds:
1. Disable the OFV Add-in for Word by using a registry setting:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Security\FileValidation\EnableOnLoad = 0
* This removes the additional protection of the OFV for Word while still protecting the other Office programs.
2. Add the network share where workgroup templates folder is stored as a Trusted location in Word.
3. Convert the attached template to the new Office file format (.dotx, .dotm).
Id. de artículo: 2763052 - Última revisión: 28 sept. 2012 - Revisión: 1