|This article is provided by MVP Jay Pilarta. Microsoft is so thankful that MVPs who proactively share their professional experience with other users. The article would be posted on Jay Pilarta's website or the Crimson Spectrum blog later.|
- Open Control Panel by either Right-Clicking from the left corner or by pressing together the Windows Key+X, and then select Control Panel from the Advanced Menu options.
- From the Control Panel window, select under System and Security the option for "Save backup copies of your files with File History".
- From the left pane choose "Select drive". You can use a portable hard drive or choose to "Add network location". For setting up a network location see the How-To for File Sharing on a Home Network.
- Once an external drive or network location has been selected, click on "Turn On" and File History will save copies of your files for the first using the default specified folders.
- File History can be configured through its Advanced Settings of how it saves files and how long it will keep the versions of the files.
- Find and click on "Restore personal files" from the left pane. A "Preview, Restore and Restore to" option is available by right clicking on a specific folder or file that can be restored. The "Restore to" allows restoring a file to another location.
- Restoring a file or folder is also available through File Explorer from the Ribbon interface and selecting "History". The History button will only be available if File History has been enabled or when the folder was part of File History's included folder locations.
- To configure File History to exclude specific folder locations, click or select the "Exclude folders" link and hit "Add" in the proceeding window.
- Browse and choose the folder to be excluded by File History. All contents in this folder will not be saved and kept by File History.
- Hit "Save changes" to apply the settings to exclude the selected folder.
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Community Solutions Content Disclaimer
Id. de artículo: 2771185 - Última revisión: 25 sept. 2013 - Revisión: 1