- Important changes in the Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) v5 Sequencer
- Unsupported scenarios when you use the App-V v5 Sequencer
- Known issues that affect the App-V v5 Sequencer at RTM
Important changes in the App-V v5 Sequencer
- When an application installer requests a restart of the Sequencer system, an actual restart occurs. After the system restart, the Sequencer starts itself in monitoring mode. After this occurs, you should complete any remaining installer tasks, and then click Next.
- In the Package Name dialog box, enter a path in the Primary Virtual Application Directory (required) field to the system drive on which the virtual application will be installed.
- To specify full package download, select Force application(s) to be fully downloaded before launching (recommended for low/WAN networks) in the Streaming dialog box.
- If no programs were started during the optimization phase, the primary feature block (FB1) is empty. Applications that have empty feature blocks are streamed on-demand until they can be started and then background-streamed.
- For more information about how to use App-V v5 with Microsoft Office, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Unsupported scenarios when you use the App-V v5 Sequencer
- Creating an Office 2013 package by using the App-V v5 Sequencer
- Opening an Office 2013 .appv package by using the App-V v5 Sequencer
- Creating an Office 2010 package by using the App-V v5 Sequencer
- Converting existing App-V v4.6 Office 2010 packages to App-V v5
- Entering package names that are longer than 1,024 characters
- Saving an App-V v5 package to a path that is longer than 256 characters
- Installing virtual applications to a drive other than %SystemDrive%
- The use of “piping” between Sequencer PowerShell commands
- Forcing shortcuts to a profile other than Current User (Public, All Users)
Known issues that affect the App-V v5 Sequencer at RTM
- Customizatons that are made to File Type Association (FTA) properties by using the App-V v5 Sequencer might not be saved correctly when the package is subsequently updated. Workaround: After the package update is finished, verify and, if necessary, re-enter any customized FTAs.
- Existing App-V v5 Packages lose description text when thet are opened for updating by the v5 Sequencer. Workaround: After the package update finishes, re-enter the package descriptiion, if it is necessary. The package description can be copied from the App-V v5 Server console.
- When an AutoCad 2012 package is devirtualized, the FlexNet Licensing Service may not be installed. The workaround for AutoCad 2012 is to restart the Sequencer system, and then start the Sequencer after devirtualization.
Id. de artículo: 2777777 - Última revisión: 25 jul. 2013 - Revisión: 1