- You have a Sony VAIO Z laptop running Windows 7.
- The VAIO Z laptop is attached to an external media dock.
- You upgrade the system to Windows 8.
During the upgrade, the system can hang approximately at 48% during the installation.
- Copy the Windows 8 DVD files to the local hard disk drive, a USB flash drive, or a local storage device, then run the upgrade setup locally with the laptop disconnected from the docking station.
- While disconnected from the docking station, use a USB optical DVD drive connected to the VAIO Z via USB when performing the Windows 8 Upgrade via DVD.
Id. de artículo: 2781563 - Última revisión: 29 nov. 2012 - Revisión: 1