We recommend that you test the hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included in the previous Host Integration Server 2010 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix.
Important This cumulative update package includes all the product component packages. However, this cumulative update package updates only those features that are currently installed on the system.
- All previously released hotfixes for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that were included in Cumulative update package 1 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that were included in Cumulative update package 2 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that were included in Cumulative update package 3 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that were included in Cumulative update package 4 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that were included in Cumulative update package 5 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that were included in Cumulative update package 6 for Host Integration Server 2010
- Some additional improvements
Note This cumulative update does not contain fixes for Microsoft Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO). Therefore, this update does not apply to stand-alone SSO servers.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft product updates, see Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates .
Host Integration Server 2010 fixes that are included in cumulative update package 7Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles that discuss these fixes are released as they become available. For more information about Host Integration Server bugs, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Operating Systems Support UpdateHost Integration Server 2010 with Cumulative Update 6 or later applied is supported on the following operating systems in addition to those listed in the Host Integration Server 2010 installation guide:
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
The following issues have been identified when installing Host Integration Server 2010 on these operating systems:
- An unattended command-line installation of Host Integration Server 2010 on Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 fails if the WEBSPHERE_MQ_CHANNEL feature is enabled for installation. If you perform an attended installation using the Setup.exe GUI interface, the WCF Channel for WebSphere MQ option is disabled, which allows installation to continue. The Host Integration Server 2010 setup program is not able to install the WCF Channel for WebSphere MQ feature on Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 because of a lack of read/write access to the registry keys that are required to determine the .NET Framework 4 version installed on the Windows system.
- 32-bit CPI-C applications are unable to connect to 64-bit Host Integration Servers that host the LU 6.2 (APPC) sessions used to connect to the IBM host systems.
|2784195||FIX: A long-running DB2 query fails with an error code when the BizTalk Adapter for DB2 is used in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment: "SQLSTATE: 57014, SQLCODE: -952"|
|2786994||FIX: A Visual Basic script that uses the OLE DB Provider for DB2 in Host Integration Server 2010 fails with error message "SQLCODE: 80"|
|2791928||FIX: The Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 may implicitly commit a transaction when the AutoCommit property is set to False|
|2829239||FIX: Linked server query results are displayed as Chinese characters from an IBM DB2 table in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment|
|2838791||FIX: Query results are displayed as Chinese characters from an IBM DB2 table in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment|
|2839792||FIX: The Resync service may not start in Host Integration Server 2010|
|2843968||FIX: A two-phase-commit transaction fails in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment|
|2782865||FIX: User cannot establish a 3270 emulator session in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment|
|2754508||FIX: RECEIVE_AND_WAIT verb returns "0x9" return code in an APPC application in Host Integration Server 2010|
|2812705||FIX: The SNA Server service does not try to make failed LU 6.2 sessions active again in a Host Integration Server environment|
|2509870||FIX: Session Integrator returns a "The screen is unformatted, no field exists" exception when it processes an invalid 3270 control code in a Microsoft Host Integration Server 2009 environment|
|2824682||FIX: The WCF channel for WebSphere MQ uses an incorrect MSGTYPE descriptor in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment|
Host Integration Server Designer
|2824685||FIX: Host definition is not displayed in TI Designer in a Host Integration Server 2010 environment|
How to obtain Cumulative Update 7 for Host Integration Server 2010A supported cumulative update package is now available from Microsoft. However, the cumulative update package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply the cumulative update package only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems. This cumulative update package may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by any of these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next Host Integration Server 2010 service pack. The next service pack will contain the hotfixes that are in this cumulative update package.
If the cumulative update is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you may have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific cumulative update package. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website:Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the cumulative update is available. If you do not see a certain language, no cumulative update package is available for that language.
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Host Integration Server 2010 installed.
If a Readme.txt file is included in this update, see the Readme.txt file for more information about how to install this update.