- You click Get more features with a new edition of Windows in the System properties or in Control Panel to install a feature.
- You enter or buy a key by using the Add features to Windows 8 window.
Note After the restore operation, the computer returns to the previous state. However, the new feature is no longer available.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Type services.msc, and then tap or click Services in the search results.
- Tap or Double-click Nalpeiron Licensing Service or NLS.
- Tap or Click Startup type, and then select Disabled.
- Tap or Click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the feature, and then restart the computer.
- Repeat step 1 to step 3, and then change the startup type for the Nalpeiron Licensing Service or NLS to Automatic.
- Click OK, and then restart the computer.