- Discontinued keys that have off-card certificates.
- Key archival by using the smart card. Therefore, the following operations are not available:
- Imports of key material to a discontinued key container.
- Imports of certificates for a key in a discontinued key container.
- Requests for the card to generate a key pair for a discontinued key container.
- Changes to the Key History object
- Currently, Windows 7 only supports the capabilities of NIST SP 800-73-2 for PIV smart cards.
- According to NIST SP 800-73-3 Part1, the container name changes of a Key Management key is archived to a discontinued container. If a smart card was previously used on a computer, the smart card must be inserted into the computer before the smart card tries to use the key. This allows for the computer to recognize the new container name and find the certificate. If you do not insert the smart card, you will be unable to successfully select the certificate from a selection dialog box.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 7 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Id. de artículo: 2797822 - Última revisión: 13 mar. 2013 - Revisión: 1