In addition to the fixes in Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager, the fixes for the following issues are included in this update rollup:
- You can't update VM hardware profile properties for VMs with dynamic memory after you install Update Rollup 2. The error that you receive occurs because the startup memory in the Console is reset to 1 every time you open the VM Properties dialog box for a VM where Dynamic Memory is enabled. This issue is only a display issue; the actual memory of the VM is not affected.
- Virtual Machine Manager 2016 shows Total Capacity and Available Capacity as 0 GB for existing file shares in the NAS arrays.
- When you create a Guest operating system profile, the profile is not created and you receive the following error message: A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'Deployment Type Nano'.
Update packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package and then click Ok.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following websites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /update packagename
For example, to install the Update Rollup 2.1 package for a System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager 2016 Server (KB4011491), run the following command:
msiexec.exe /update kb4011491_vmmserver_amd64.msp
- Performing an update to Update Rollup 2.1 on the VMM server requires installing the VMM Console and Server updates. For more information, see the following topic on TechNet:
- After you install the Console and Server updates, run the Agent Update on all the Hosts. For more information, see the following topic on TechNet:
Id. de artículo: 4011491 - Última revisión: 09-03-2017 - Revisión: 26