The Application Event log contains the error: “Failed to get user profiles directory."
User can open Windows search application, but receives the error message: “Windows Search isn’t running.”
Windows Search service is listed as a service but can't be started.
These installation symptoms indicates a failed installation but the update is not reoffered when the machine is rescanned.
Change the Log On credentials of the Windows Search service to an account with Local Administrator privileges, and then back to the default Local System account:
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- Locate Windows Search.
- In Properties, change the Log On value to Log on as a Local Administrator user. Provide the Local Administrator user's password.
- Start the Windows Search service.
- Verify Windows Search application is functioning properly.
- Close theWindows Search application.
- Stop the Windows Search service in the Services panel.
- Change the Log On value back to the Local System account.
- Start Windows Search service.
- Restart your system.
Windows search service should continue to work properly.
Id. de artículo: 2392241 - Última revisión: 13 sept. 2010 - Revisión: 1