Default Printer UnavailableThe printer pointed to by the default printer driver may be unavailable. Open Print Manager and delete all printers and printer connections. Restart Word. Alternatively, test the printer connections by printing to each installed printer from Notepad.
Insufficient Disk Space in Word DirectoryWord uses the default program directory for some of its internal temporary files. There should be at least 4 MB of free disk space in this directory.
Insufficient Disk Space in \TEMP or Startup DirectoryThe TEMP environment variable set in the Autoexec.bat file may be missing or pointing to a location where there is insufficient disk space to create Word's temporary files. From the System portion of Control Panel, check that the User Environment includes a valid TEMP variable. If the Word startup directory is different from the default, especially if it is in the same logical drive as the Windows NT paging file, there may be insufficient disk space to open Word.
No Print Permission for Default PrinterTo run Word under Windows NT, you must have Print permission with the default printer. When you start Word, the program queries the printer for information about its supported fonts, paper sizes, and so forth. If you do not have permission to print, Word cannot obtain this information, so it fails to start.
For permission to print, ask your network administrator to perform the following steps (NOTE: You cannot change your own permissions unless you are a Windows NT Administrator or Power User):
- Start the Windows NT Print Manager.
- Select the window representing the printer so that its window appears on top of all other printer windows.
- On the Security menu, choose Permissions.
- In the Permissions window, check for any entries that specifically state "No Access" for the user or for a group that the user belongs to. Remove any entries that deny the user access. If an entry denies a group the user belongs to, either remove the entry or remove the user from that group.
- Check to make sure that there is at least one entry that grants the user or a group the user belongs to the permission of Print or Full Control. If there is no such entry, you must add one.
- Choose OK.
Id. de artículo: 100215 - Última revisión: 31 oct. 2006 - Revisión: 1