NOTE: This option is not available in Windows NT or Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. Also note that this setting applies globally to all the printers on a particular print server. It is not possible to set this option on a per-printer basis.
Use the following steps to disable Printing Notification network dialog boxes:
NOTE: This procedure must be performed on the server that is sending the dialog box. The only way to disable a dialog box on a client is to disable the messenger service on the client. Disabling the dialog box from the server will affect all clients.
Windows NT 3.51
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate the following subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers
- From the Edit menu, click Add Value.
- In the Value Name box of the Add Value dialog box, type NetPopup.
- Select REG_DWORD for the Data Type, and then click OK.
- In the Dword Editor dialog box, type 0 (zero) in the Data box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Quit Print Manager if it is running, and then stop and restart the Spooler service from the Services portion of Control Panel so the new setting will take effect.
Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- From the File menu, click Server Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, click to clear Notify when Remote Documents are Printed.
- Stop and restart the Spooler service from the Services portion of Control Panel so the new setting will take effect. In Windows 2000, start and restart the Spooler service from the Services snap-in under Administrative Tools.
Id. de artículo: 122160 - Última revisión: 15 mar. 2008 - Revisión: 1