You do not have to be logged on from the User Account Database that contains the Username, and you do not have to be currently logged on with that Username. This procedure is especially useful if you want to change your password in a User Account Database or security accounts manager (SAM) that is not in your default logon domain.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the Windows Security dialog box.
- Press the Change Password button.
- Enter the User name whose password you wish to change.
- In the From dialog box, click either the computer name or domain name in the drop-down list box, or type the computer name or domain name that contains the User Account Database where the user name exists.
- Type the appropriate password in the Old Password, New Password, and Confirm New Password box.
- You should receive a message indicating "Your password has been changed."
The user receive the following error messages:
The password of this user has expired.
Your password has expired. You will not be able to perform any network tasks until you change your password.
Id. de artículo: 149176 - Última revisión: 20 feb. 2007 - Revisión: 1