If your earlier version of Internet Explorer was not configured as the default browser, Internet Explorer is not automatically configured as the default browser and the message is displayed. If you do not allow Internet Explorer to configure itself as the default browser, the message appears each time you start Internet Explorer until you clear the Always perform this check when starting up check box.
To determine which program Internet Document files are associated with in Windows 95, follow these steps:
- On the desktop, double-click My Computer.
- On the View menu, click Options, and then click the File Types tab.
- In the Registered File Types box, click Internet Document (HTML). The program that is listed on the Opens With line in the File Type Details area is the program that Internet Document files are currently associated with.
- Start File Manager.
- Click any .htm file to select it.
- On the File menu, click Associate.
- In the Associate With box, click Internet Explorer to select it, and then click OK.
Id. de artículo: 153774 - Última revisión: 22 jun. 2014 - Revisión: 1