Consider the following scenario:
- You create a SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) package in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- You use a Flat File source to read data from a text file in a data flow task.
- You use a multi-character column delimiter in the Flat File source. For example, the multi-character column delimiter is a character string of three tilde characters (~~~).
- The text file contains a large amount of data. For example, the text file contains more than 20,000 records.
- You run the SSIS package.
Error: 0xC02020A1 at Data Flow Task, Flat File Source : Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "<column_name>" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".
Error: 0xC020902A at Data Flow Task, Flat File Source : The "output column "<column_name>" (199)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "<column_name>" (199)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.
Error: 0xC0202092 at Data Flow Task, Flat File Source : An error occurred while processing file "<path_of_the_flat_file>" on data row <row_number>.
Error: 0xC0047038 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "Flat File Source" (1) returned error code 0xC0202092. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.
This issue occurs because the input buffers for the flat file parser incorrectly divide the multi-character delimiter into two parts.
Service pack informationTo resolve this issue, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
913089 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Id. de artículo: 2445326 - Última revisión: 3 nov. 2010 - Revisión: 1