Important This update rollup contains server-side fixes. In addition to this update package, you must also install the client-side package on all client computers. For more information about the client-side package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Feature that is included in Update Rollup 1 for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
Major issues that are resolved by this update
Issue 1Consider the following scenario:
- You migrate some user accounts from an earlier version of Windows Small Business Server to Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.
- You try to disable or delete one of the user accounts.
An unknown error prevented the wizard from retrieving the user account information. If this problem persists, restart the server, and then try again.
- The migrated user account may also disappear from the dashboard unexpectedly. However, the user account is still listed in Active Directory. Additionally, the user account is still valid.
- For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2542106 May be unable to modify some users and users may disappear from the SBS Essentials Dashboard
Issue 2You cannot register a Remote Web Access domain name that contains two or more root domain levels (such as testuser.co.uk). Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
This domain name is invalid. Ensure that the domain name and the extension are correct, and they try again.
Issue 3In the Alert Viewer window, you select an alert, and then you click Ignore the alert to stop receiving notifications for this alert. However, the notifications still appear.
Issue 4Consider the following scenario:
- You have a server that is running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.
- You change the current system time to a time that is earlier than the time at which you installed Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.
- You restart the server.
- You change the system time back to the original setting.
Issue 5When the machine certificate is changed incorrectly or is removed, you are not prompted to take any troubleshooting measures. After you install this update, an automatic process tries to resolve this issue. If this issue cannot be resolved automatically, the dialog box prompts you with a link to a troubleshooting website. The website provides the latest solutions and updates for the kind of issue that you are experiencing.
Issue 6A backslash (\) is displayed incorrectly in Korean or Japanese content.
Issue 7"Connect site" is translated incorrectly in a non-English dashboard.
Issue 8Some important non-English instructions or guides are truncated in a non-English dashboard or wizard.
How to obtain this updateTo download this update, visit the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must be running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.
Registry informationTo use the update in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Removal informationTo remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel. Additionally, you must uninstall the client-side package (KB2554637) from all client computers.
Note The new "Microsoft Update is not enabled" alert must be manually removed from all client computers.
Id. de artículo: 2554629 - Última revisión: 14 sept. 2011 - Revisión: 1