- You install an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 that does not include the Full-Text component.
- You then try to install an instance Microsoft of SQL Server 2008 that includes the Full-Text Search feature by using SQL Server Installation Center.
In both scenarios, the Sql_engine_core_shared_Cpu32_1.log contains an entry that resembles the following:
Error 1706. An installation package for the product SQL Server 2008 R2 Database Engine Shared cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sql_engine_core_shared.msi'.
Note If the original installation media for SQL Server 2008 R2 is still available to the SQL Server 2008 Setup program, you do not see this behavior.
This behavior is by design.
- Locate the SQL Server 2008 R2 media that was used to install the SQL Server 2008 R2 instance on the system, and point the Setup program for SQL Server 2008 to this location.
- You can add the Full-Text feature to SQL Server 2008 R2 instance before you run the setup for SQL Server 2008. For more information about how to do this, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:Note This method does require the installation media for SQL Server 2008 R2.
- When you install the instance of SQL Server 2008, make sure that the Full-Text feature is not selected.
- Install any edition of SQL Server 2008 R2 that does not include the Full-Text Search feature.
- Make sure that the installation media for SQL Server 2008 R2 is inaccessible on the system.
- Install any edition of SQL Server 2008 that includes Full-Text Search.
Id. de artículo: 2561774 - Última revisión: 21 jun. 2014 - Revisión: 1