- The Windows Installer service is not started or not running.
- Windows is running in safe mode.
- You install or remove another Windows Installer package that uses the Windows Installer service while you are installing the Live Meeting console package.
- Windows Installer files and settings on the system are damaged or missing.
Method 1: Verify that the Windows Installer service is started and running
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- In the details pane, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
- In the Startup type list, click Automatic if it is not selected.
- Click Start, and then click OK.
Method 2: Verify that Windows is not running in safe modeMake sure that Windows is not running in safe mode. If Windows is running in safe mode, the words "Safe Mode" are displayed in all four corners of the Windows desktop. Windows may be unable to load many operating system services and drivers when it is running in safe mode. To start Windows in normal mode, you have to restart the computer.
Method 3: Do not install another Windows Installer packageWhen you install the Live Meeting console, make sure that you do not install any other Windows Installer package that uses the Windows Installer service.
Method 4: Repair or reinstall the Windows Installer serviceFor more information about how to troubleshoot the Windows Installer service, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Id. de artículo: 944616 - Última revisión: 19 ene. 2012 - Revisión: 1