When try to install the Microsoft Office Live Meeting console on a computer, you may receive the following error message:
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed, this can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode or the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.This error message may appear when you try to install the Live Meeting console from the Login to Live Meeting Manager Web page or when you use the stand-alone installer package.
This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The Windows Installer service is not started or not running.
- Windows is running in safe mode.
- You install or remove another Windows Installer package that uses the Windows Installer service while you are installing the Live Meeting console package.
- Windows Installer files and settings on the system are damaged or missing.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Verify that the Windows Installer service is started and running
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- In the details pane, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
- In the Startup type list, click Automatic if it is not selected.
- Click Start, and then click OK.
Method 2: Verify that Windows is not running in safe modeMake sure that Windows is not running in safe mode. If Windows is running in safe mode, the words "Safe Mode" are displayed in all four corners of the Windows desktop. Windows may be unable to load many operating system services and drivers when it is running in safe mode. To start Windows in normal mode, you have to restart the computer.
Method 3: Do not install another Windows Installer packageWhen you install the Live Meeting console, make sure that you do not install any other Windows Installer package that uses the Windows Installer service.
Method 4: Repair or reinstall the Windows Installer serviceFor more information about how to troubleshoot the Windows Installer service, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
907749 Basic troubleshooting steps for Windows Installer
Id. de artículo: 944616 - Última revisión: 19 ene. 2012 - Revisión: 1