32-bit programs that run on a 64-bit version of Windows operate in WOW64 mode. These programs access registry keys and values that are stored in the following registry subkey:
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To work around this issue, copy the proxy settings from the 64-bit registry location to the 32-bit registry location. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Registry Editor.
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Select Export.
- Save the file to the desktop as InternetSettings.reg.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Use Notepad to edit the InternetSettings.reg file.
- Click Edit, and then select Replace.
- In Find what, type the following:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- In Replace with, type the following:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Select the Replace All button.
- Save the file.
- Right-click the InternetSettings.reg file, and then click Merge.
Id. de artículo: 952031 - Última revisión: 3 ago. 2010 - Revisión: 1