This article describes how to change your email address or password in Yammer.
How to change your email address
You have to change your email address if you received a new one or if you used the wrong address when you created your account. To change your email address, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Yammer account.
- In the upper-right corner, click the ellipsis (...), and then click Edit Profile.
- On your account's Basics page, type the new email address that you want to use in Yammer in the Email field, and then click the change link.
Note If you don't see a link to confirm the change, your organization is using an internal system to set up members. Contact Yammer Support if you need help with updating your email address.
- If the domain to which you're changing is an approved domain for the network, you'll receive a verification link to the new address in an email message. You have to click this link to confirm the change and update your address.
- If you don't receive a verification email message, check your Junk or Spam email folders for the email message, or check whether your organization has any network-wide spam filters.
- If you still can't find the verification email message and need additional help, contact Yammer Support.
If you receive an error that your email address isn't valid
When you try to change your email address in Yammer, you may see an error message that states that the address that you entered isn't a valid address for the network. This means that the domain that you're trying to use for the email address isn't approved. On Basic and Business Yammer networks, only one domain is eligible for use. If you have a new email address that you must use, you can join a new Yammer network for the updated domain. Or, you can upgrade to a Business or Enterprise Yammer network.
To resolve this error, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:
Method 1: On Enterprise internal Yammer networks
On Enterprise internal Yammer networks, multiple domains can be approved for use. To add an approved domain, contact your Customer Success Manager or Yammer Support
Method 2: On an external network
An administrator of an external network can follow these steps to add approved domains:
- Access the Configuration page of your Admin panel.
- Scroll down to the Related Networks section, and then click the Add domain link.
If you receive an error that the email address is already being used
If you receive an error message that the email address that you entered is already being used, there's an active or pending account that is already assigned to the email address. To resolve this error, follow these steps:
- If there's an active account, sign in, and then browse to the Preferences page of your account.
- Click the link in the lower-right corner of the page to delete your account.
- If the account isn't active and you are on a Basic Yammer network, contact Yammer Support to delete the pending account. If you're on a Business or Enterprise Yammer network, contact your administrators, and ask them to delete your pending account.
How to change your password
To change the password that you use on Yammer, follow these steps:
- Browse to your account settings, and then click the Password tab on the left side of the page.
- Type your current password in the top field, and then type your new password in the middle and bottom fields. Make sure that you follow the password requirements that are shown on the page.
- Click Save to enable your new password.
If you don't see the Password
tab in your account settings, your organization manages user passwords internally to enable single sign-on (SSO). Contact the network administrator for help with changing your password.
Error 1: Invalid password
If you see a red error that indicates that you entered an invalid password, you may have entered a password that you previously used on Yammer. Or, you may not have followed the password requirements that are mentioned under the Confirm New Password
field. To resolve this error, type a new password that meets these requirements.
Error 2: You have forgotten your password
To resolve this error, submit your email address on the following Yammer website:
You will receive an email message to reset your password.
If you don't see the email message, make sure that you check the Junk and Spam folders, and check whether your organization has any network-wide spam filters. If you still can't find the email message, confirm that the email address that you're using is the one that you used to create an account. Frequently, your active account may have been created by using an email alias.
If you still can't reset your password and need additional help, contact Yammer Support
Your account is identified on Yammer by your email address. Each email address is associated with a unique Yammer account. Therefore, you can't have multiple email aliases linked to the same Yammer account. If you have different aliases that you use in your organization, you must select one to link to your Yammer account. Additionally, you must avoid accepting Yammer invitations that are sent to any of your other email addresses.