- Use Customization Manager to change the mask property in the Accounts Payable screens that contain check numbers or reference numbers. To do this, follow these steps.
Note The default mask property for Accounts Payable screens that contain check numbers or reference numbers is six digits. You can increase the mask property to a maximum of ten digits.
- On the Customize menu, click Select Level.
- Click All Users, and then click OK.
- On the Module menu, click Accounts Payable, and then click Voucher and Adjustment Entry.
- On the Customize menu, click Customize Mode.
- Click the Ref Nbr box, and then press F4.
- In the Properties screen, click the Mask property, and then type UUUUUUUU.
Note This example sets the mask to 8 characters. Type the desired number of mask characters by using any number between 6 and 10.
- Close the Properties screen, and then close the Voucher and Adjustment Entry (03.010.00) screen.
- Click Yes to respond to the following confirmation message: Note These steps are specific to modifying the Voucher and Adjustment Entry (03.010.00) screen. However, the concept applies to all other screens in Accounts Payable that contain check numbers or reference numbers.
In some screens, the mask will be UUUUUU. In other screens, the mask is 999999. Change the length but not the mask character. For example, if you change from 6 character reference numbers to 8 character reference numbers, change the mask 999999 to 99999999 and the mask UUUUUU to UUUUUUUU. Do not change the mask UUUUUU to 99999999 or the mask 999999 to UUUUUUUU.
The following is a list of the screens that contain check numbers or reference numbers:
- The Voucher and Adjustment Entry (03.010.00) screen
- The Quick Voucher and Pre-Payment Entry (03.020.00) screen
- The Voucher Entry - Distributed Liability (03.025.00) screen
- The Manual Check Entry (03.030.00) screen
- The Void Check Entry (03.040.00) screen
- The Document Maintenance (03.250.00) screen
- The Payment Selection (03.500.00) screen
- The AP Setup (03.950.00) screen
- Change the last reference number in Accounts Payable to correspond with the increased number of digits. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Module menu, click Accounts Payable, and then click AP Setup.
- Click the Other Options tab, and then type a number that corresponds with the increased number of digits in the Last Ref Nbr Used box.
- Click Save, and then close the AP Setup (03.950.00) screen.
Note You may have to modify some Crystal reports. After creating a document using the new reference number length, print or preview the reports to determine if reports need to be modified. Most reports are currently formatted to print an 8 character reference number without crowding or overlapping other printed data.
To modify a Crystal report::
- Open the .rpt file in Crystal Reports 10 for Solomon.
- If you do not see field names on the report, click Options on the File menu, and the click to select the Show Field Names check box.
- Locate the refnbr field or the checknbr field.
- To move a field, click on the field and use the left or right arrow keys.
- To resize the field, move the cursor to the left or right edge of the object until you see a double arrow, then click and drag the left edge to increase the size of the object or the right edge to decrease the size of the object.
Id. de artículo: 908830 - Última revisión: 30 dic. 2014 - Revisión: 1