Dexterity will extract a chunk file only when the following information is true:
- Dexterity has the same major and minor versions.
- Dexterity has a build number that is greater than or equal to the build number of the existing dictionary that is installed in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Microsoft Dynamics GP also has a version checking feature. Microsoft Dynamics GP will not let you log in unless all dictionaries that are installed on the workstation match the version and build information that is stored in the DU000020 table. If there is a problem that involves the version and build information, you receive the following error message:
This error also occurs when you try to view a source code dictionary that is based on an earlier build than the current build. This error occurs for earlier builds of products that have not been updated in any service pack.
To resolve this problem, we recommend that you obtain a new dictionary that is based on the current build of the Dynamics.dic file. For third-party dictionaries, you can update the code that is in the current build of the Dynamics.dic file by using the Dexterity Source Code Control Service.
For more information about how to upgrade a Dexterity-based application by using the Dexterity Source Code Control Service, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For dictionaries that you want to access but that you do not plan to change, follow these steps to enable the dictionaries to run in Test Mode:
- In Dexterity Resource Explorer, click
Application, and then double-click
- In the Install Information window, click Module 066.
- In the Build Number field, type the current build number. For example, type a value from 114 to 259 for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Service Pack 1.
- Click OK.
- Change the DU000020 table in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Change the build number in the "PRODID = 0" line of the TSQL code that will be run in Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer.
Id. de artículo: 920831 - Última revisión: 29 mar. 2017 - Revisión: 4