- Two tables are used in a report.
- Table A is the main table.
- Table B is linked to table A by a relationship.
A Dexterity developer may have to add data from a new third-party table to the report. To do this as easily as possible, the developer follows these steps:
- The developer adds a relationship from one of the original Microsoft Dynamics GP tables to the new table.
- The developer attaches the new table to the report.
- The developer drags the appropriate field into the report layout.
Table relationships are used only to help Report Writer create links between tables. Table relationships are extracted during the chunking process only when one or more of the tables to which the relationships have been added are also extracted. Because the relationships have been added to one or more original Microsoft Dynamics GP tables, and because those tables were not extracted during the chunking process, the relationships that existed in Test mode do not exist in Runtime mode. Therefore, the error occurs.
Because of this situation, you must use a different method to add extra fields to the report. You can use one of the following methods:
- Use Report Writer functions.
- Duplicate Microsoft Dynamics GP tables definitions or Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains table definitions, and then change the main table on an alternative report.
Note The second method does not work when you are using temporary tables.
Id. de artículo: 921637 - Última revisión: 14 jul. 2012 - Revisión: 1