You can use the Revenue/Expense Code Setup window to create revenue codes and expense codes. You can use these codes to summarize the transactions that are applied to jobs.
For example, you can create an expense code that is named LABOR to summarize all expenses that are incurred by a job. This expense code can include actual labor and labor overhead. Also, you can create a revenue code that tracks purchase receipts for incoming inventory.
You must assign the revenue code or the expense code to the appropriate transaction list, depending on what you want to track.
You can click to clear the Auto Apply check box so that changes have to be manually applied. Then, you must assign the transaction list to a job.
After you enter the transactions, and after you apply the transactions to jobs, you can print reports by job. In the report, you can list the transactions by job, by revenue code, or by expense code. You can use these reports to help categorize transactions.
Note The following steps refer to the Fabrikam company. Fabrikam is a fictitious company name that is used for demonstration in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Click Cards, point to Manufacturing, point to Job Costing, and then click Job Maintenance.
- Click the lookup button that is next to the Job Number field, and then double-click J001.
- The Transaction List field displays the All Trx Applied value.
- Close the Job Maintenance window.
- Open the All Trx Applied transaction list. To do this, click Cards, point to Manufacturing, point to Job Costing, and then click Transaction List.
- Click the lookup button that is next to the Job Transaction List field, and then double-click All Trx Applied.
- In the Transactions list, click Purch. Inv. Material.
Note Material is listed in the Default Revenue/Expense column.
- You can select the Material code in the Revenue/Expense Code window. To open the Revenue/Expense Code window, click Cards, point to Manufacturing, point to Job Costing, and then click Rev/Exp Codes. The items that are in the Revenue/Expense Code list are the codes for which you can create reports.
- Enter a purchase order. To do this, click Transactions, point to Purchasing, and then click Purchase Order Entry.
- In the Item field, right-click the line item, click Link to, and then double-click J001.
- Receive and then post the purchase order. To do this, click Transactions, point to Purchasing, and then click Receivings Transaction Entry.
- Print the Job Transaction List. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Reports, point to Manufacturing, point to Job Costing, and then click Report Options.
- In the Report list, click Job Transactions, click the print button, click to select the Screen check box, and then click OK.
- The report shows the receiving transaction. Additionally, the report shows that the transaction uses Material as the Revenue/Expense Code value.
- Revenue codes and expense codes let you group transactions by type. By using this grouping, you can print the job to see all the revenue transactions and expense transactions for the job.
- Continue to enter transactions, such as Sales Order Processing invoices, Payables Management invoices, and so on.
- Link the J001 job number to these transactions before you post. Then, reprint the report.
Note Each code is assigned in the transaction list.
Id. de artículo: 937817 - Última revisión: 12 ene. 2015 - Revisión: 1