To grant the View Server State permission, follow these steps:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand Databases, right-click the Microsoft Forecaster database, and then click Properties.
- Click Permissions, and then click View server permissions.
- In the Logins or Roles list, click the user to whom you want to grant the permission.
- In the Explicit permissions for user list, click to select the Grant check box next to View server state permission.
- Repeat step 4 through step 5 for each user to whom you want to grant the permission.