- Your H/PC stops responding. Although Task Manager may open when you press CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE, your H/PC may not be able to close programs and refresh the screen properly.
- You are prompted to save your changes. If you attempt to save the file, you receive the following message:
The application is not responding. It may be busy or waiting for a response from you. Press Wait to give the application time to respond or to get a response from you. Press End Task to close the application immediately. All unsaved data will be lost. Press Choose to select another application or document to close.
- When you receive the "Program memory is very low" error message, close a program or a file that does not need to be saved.
- Tap the "Convert 20K of Storage Memory to Program Memory" check box to select it, and then tap OK. This may free up enough memory to save the changes to your unsaved file.
NOTE: You may need to perform this step several times, until enough program memory is available.
- Increase available program memory. To do so, follow these steps:
- Tap the Start button, tap Settings, and then double-tap System.
- Tap the Memory tab, move the slider to the left, and then tap OK.
NOTE: Do not move the slider all the way to the left, as this may cause a lack of available storage memory.
- If you receive an "Application is not responding" error message, tap End Task.
NOTE: Tapping End Task may result in data loss.
- Press the reset button on your H/PC. Any unsaved information will be lost.
Id. de artículo: 162475 - Última revisión: 06/22/2014 - Revisión: 1