If you are experiencing display problems with a program, it is often helpful to test the program with your display settings at 640 x 480 x 256 colors. Many programs are optimized for this resolution and color depth. In addition, many video drivers work more reliably at this setting than at others. This article tells you how to change to this setting.
To change your display settings:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- On the Settings tab, note the current settings.
- In the Color Palette or Colors box, click 256 Color.
- Move the Desktop Area or Screen Area slider all the way to the left to reduce the display resolution to 640 x 480 pixels.
- Click OK.
- If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
Id. de artículo: 173570 - Última revisión: 01/19/2007 - Revisión: 1