- You import mail from Outlook into Outlook Express, but you removed Outlook from your computer before you tried to import the mail into Outlook Express.
- You configure Outlook Express to be the default Simple Messaging application programming interface (MAPI) client.
- You import or export mail from Outlook Express, and you do not have Outlook installed on your computer.
Method 1: Reinstall Outlook temporarilyIf you are importing mail from Outlook into Outlook Express, but you have already removed Outlook from your computer, reinstall Outlook, and then try to import the mail again.
Method 2: Change your MAPI SettingsConfigure Outlook Express to not be the default Simple MAPI client before you import the mail items. To do this, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer, and then start Outlook Express.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Connection tab, click Change to open the Internet Properties dialog box.
- On the Programs tab, click an e-mail application other than Outlook Express in the E-mail list. Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Options dialog box.
- Exit Outlook Express, and then restart Outlook Express.
You can now import or export messages.
Method 3: Upgrade to Windows Live Mail to import or to export messagesWindows Live Mail is an e-mail program that you install on your computer. Because Windows Live Mail stores messages on your computer, you can access, read, and compose e-mail messages even when you are not connected to the Internet. When you connect, Windows Live Mail sends and receives messages and updates your accounts.
To download Windows Live Mail, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
If Outlook is not installed, and you start an import or export action, the necessary support files are not present for Outlook Express to complete the action. Then, you receive the following error message:
Id. de artículo: 179637 - Última revisión: 09/05/2013 - Revisión: 1