- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click Display.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
- Click the Monitor tab, click the "Automatically detect Plug & Play monitors" check box to clear it, and then click Apply.
- Click Change, click Next, click "Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want," and then click Next.
- Click Show All Hardware, and then follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing your monitor.