When you remove the Virtual Private Network (VPN) adapter in the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel, the Dial-Up Adapter is not removed.
If you want to remove the Dial-Up Adapter, uninstall Dial-Up Networking, or manually remove the Dial-Up Adapter. To do so, use the appropriate method:
Uninstall Dial-Up NetworkingTo uninstall Dial-Up Networking, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Windows Setup tab.
- Click Communications (the word Communications, not the check box), click Details, and then click the Dial-Up Networking check box to clear it.
- Click OK, click OK, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart your computer.
Remove the Dial-Up Adapter
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Network, and then click the Configuration tab.
- Click the Dial-Up Networking adapter.
- Click Remove, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart your computer.
This behavior is by design.
Id. de artículo: 186243 - Última revisión: 01/23/2007 - Revisión: 1