- How to enumerate a directory on the FTP server and return file information such as creation date and size.
- How to upload large files to the FTP server without blocking the entire application and with reporting transfer progress. There are two ways of uploading a file:
- By using the FtpPutFile() API. However, this API blocks until the entire file has been uploaded. Upon clicking the Put button, the sample will use this method.
- By using FtpOpenFile and InternetWriteFile. Once the file is open it can be uploaded in chunks. This enables the application to report upload status and avoid blocking. It does this by calling DoEvents() between calling InternetWriteFile. Upon clicking the Put Large File button, the sample will use this method.
- How to get text information for WinInet errors and how to retrieve extended error information. For simplicity, the sample does not implement downloading of the large files. This functionality is similar to method b) above; however, you should use the InternetReadFile API instead of InternetWriteFile.
- This sample uses pre-configured access to the Internet. WinInet FTP APIs do not work if Internet access is accomplished via CERN type proxy.
- This sample was created with Visual Basic 6.0. There may be an error if the project is opened in Visual Basic5.0.
- WinInet documentation can be found at the following Web site:
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Vbsmpftp.exe contains the following files:
Id. de artículo: 195653 - Última revisión: 08/07/2012 - Revisión: 1