For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Unlike POP3, IMAP4 allows you to store your messages by default on the server, instead of downloading them locally.
To configure Outlook as an IMAP4 client, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts. In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add.
- Type a Display Name. This name identifies your mail to recipients. Click Next.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address. Click Next.
- In the "My incoming mail server is a" box, click to select IMAP.
- Type the Incoming and Outgoing server names in the appropriate boxes. Click Next.
NOTE: IMAP4 is a retrieval protocol. SMTP is still needed to send mail.
- In the IMAP Account Name box, type your account name. Press the TAB key and type your password. Click Next.
NOTE: If your server is secure, click Secure Password Authentication.
- Click to select a Connection type. If you select "Connect using my phone line," you will be given the opportunity to select an existing Dial-up Networking connection or create a new one.
- Click Finish.
Id. de artículo: 197645 - Última revisión: 06/22/2014 - Revisión: 1