When you start Links 2001, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Linksmmi.exe is linked to missing export dsound.dll:6.
This problem may occur if your installation of DirectX is corrupted.
To resolve this problem, download and install the latest version of DirectX. To do this, follow these steps:
- Connect to the Internet, and then visit the following Microsoft Web site:DirectX Downloads
- Locate the version of DirectX that corresponds to your operating system.
For example, if the operating system on your computer is Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), or Microsoft Windows 2000, click Get DirectX 8.1 Now.
If the operating system on your computer is Microsoft Windows 95, click DirectX 8.0a Runtime.
NOTE: DirectX 8.1 is already included with Microsoft Windows XP.
- In the Select Language box on the right, click the language version that you want to download, and then click Go.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the program.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
- Start Links 2001.
Id. de artículo: 319896 - Última revisión: 14 feb. 2017 - Revisión: 1
Microsoft Links 2001 Standard Edition