After you install the Microsoft IntelliPoint 4.0 software, Device Manager may incorrectly detect the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer as a three-button mouse when the mouse is plugged into the USB port of your computer.
To resolve this problem, install IntelliPoint 4.01. To do this, follow the steps in this two-part procedure.
Part 1: Remove IntelliPoint 4.0NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of installed programs, click Microsoft IntelliPoint 4.0, and then click Change.
- In the Microsoft IntelliPoint Setup dialog box, click Remove.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
Part 2: Install IntelliPoint 4.01
- Connect to the Internet, and then visit the following Microsoft Web site:Microsoft Mouse
- In the left pane, click Download.
- Under Step 2 of 3, click the operating system that is installed on your computer in the Select your operating system box.
- In the Select your operating system language box, click the appropriate language.
- Click Download Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the download process and complete the installation.
- When you are prompted, restart your computer.
If the procedure in the "Resolution" section of this article does not resolve this issue, disconnect the mouse from the USB port on your computer, and connect the mouse to the PS/2 port on your computer.
Id. de artículo: 323933 - Última revisión: 14 feb. 2017 - Revisión: 1
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0, Microsoft IntelliPoint 4.11, Microsoft SideWinder Mouse